Nikki Anderson shared with us her sweet homemade delights and has given us a few of her own personal recipes. This recipe is for her snickerdoodle cookies.
Read her story as a self-employed home baker here as you enjoy! Happy Holidays!
- 1 cup soft shortening (can be butter instead)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups self-rising flour (or all-purpose flour + 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon baking soda)
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- Mix together shortening, sugar, and eggs.
- Sift and stir in the flour and the cream of tartar.
- Chill dough (about 30 mins, enough to not be sticky when rolling out).
- Roll into walnut-size balls.
- Roll in mixture of 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons cinnamon.
- Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned but still soft.
- They puff up and then flatten with crinkled tops.
- Bake: 400 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Makes around 3 1/2 dozen with a small cookie scoop.