With temperatures expected to drop Wednesday evening, two Lake County churches are opening their doors to those vulnerable to the cold weather, according to a news release.
LifePointe Church, 3551 E. Orange Ave., Eustis, and Trinity Assembly of God, 200 Urick St., Fruitland Park, will open for sheltering from 5:30pm Wednesday, March 6, to 7am Thursday, March 7.
Lake County Transit will offer free transportation at 5:30pm from the following two locations:
· Transportation to LifePointe – The Open Door, 115 E. Citrus Ave., Eustis.
· Transportation to Trinity Assembly of God – Come As You Are Ministry, 1344 Griffin Road, Leesburg.
Anyone in need of transportation from another location should call 352.742.2612 before 5pm.
Once the shelters close Thursday morning, residents can be taken to the following warming stations via the transit division:
· The Open Door, 115 E. Citrus Ave., Eustis. Doors open at 9am.
· The Salvation Army, 2605 South Street, Leesburg. Doors open at 8am.
· Come As You Are Ministry, 1344 Griffin Road, Leesburg. Doors open at 8am.
For more information about preparing for extreme cold weather, visit floridadisaster.org/hazards/extreme-cold.
Nonprofit and faith-based organizations that wish to offer sheltering assistance in the future should contact Lake County Emergency Management at 352.343.9420.