Taxes and guns

adobestock_92868678Not only can you get your driver license, motor vehicle title or registration and pay your property tax at the Sumter County Tax Collector’s office, you can now apply for a conceal/carry gun permit.

Though the Florida concealed weapons license is processed by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, the high demand for these permits raised the need for more locations to apply.

The tax collector offices now have the authority to take applications, photos, and fingerprints of citizens who want permits.

This information is sent to the proper department for final determination.

Make appointments to apply at and go to the office at 7375 Powell Road, Suite 135, in Wildwood.