Leesburg Center for the Arts (CFA) is gearing up to host the center’s annual Summer Art Camp for youths next month at the center, 429 W. Magnolia St., Leesburg.
The center’s website, leesburgarts.com, lists the following details:
Early elementary camp will take place 9am to noon June 1-5 for the morning session and 1-4pm for the afternoon session. This will be for students who just completed first- and second-grade.
Older elementary camp will take place 9am to noon June 8-12 for the morning session and 1-4pm for the afternoon session. Older elementary camp is for students who just completed third-, fourth-, and fifth- grade.
Middle school camp will take place June 15-19, from 9am-12pm and is only be available for the morning session. High school camp will also take place June 15-19 for afternoon sessions from 1-4pm.
The CFA says the Summer Art Camp allows youths to explore artistic interests through creativity, medium, technique, interpretation and reflection. Listed below are some examples of what will be taught:
- Crafts—Dabble in the functional arts, including pottery, metal work, weaving, paper and more.
- Drawing—Explore one of the major forms of creative expression using a variety of drawing mediums: pencil, colored pencil, pastel, charcoal, etc.
- Illustration—Learn to design images intended for integration in media such as posters, flyers, magazines, books, comics, etc.
- Mixed Media—Create art where more than one medium is being used, combining traditional and non-traditional media.
- Painting—Explore one of the major forms of creative expression through a variety of paint mediums; tempera, watercolor, acrylic, etc.
- Performance—Work as a team to put on a play, to dress the part, and perform in front of family and friends.
- Printmaking—Explore the processes of making artwork by printing. Use of a variety of printing techniques including relief printing, mono-printing, stenciling, screen printing, and more.
- Sculpture—Learn to create three-dimensional artwork using clay, papier-mâché, found objects, plaster, and other materials.
To learn more about costs and registering, go to leesburgarts.com.