Here’s your chance to share that play you’ve been working on. The Studio Theatre at Tierra del Sol is inviting Florida playwrights to submit new plays to “Scripts from Scratch: four plays/two days.” Submission are being accepted now thorugh Nov. 1. The play workshop will be May 6-11, 2019.
PLAY SUBMISSIONS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
Any Submissions not meeting all criteria listed below will be disqualified.
- Play must not have been produced professionally.
- Submission must be received on or before November 1, 2018.
- Playwright must be a resident of Florida, USA.
- Submission must be a minimum of 60 pages long and have a minimum run time of 80 minutes.
- Submission must be in a .pdf format.
- Plays are given blind reads, so there should be no playwright identifiers (name, contact, etc.) anywhere on the script. Any scripts submitted with playwright’s name will be immediately disqualified.
- Playwright’s name and/or contact information should only be in the email when submitting to email@example.com
- Only one play per playwright per submission period.
- No musicals, children’s plays, or one-person plays.
- Only digital submissions will be accepted.
Four finalists will be selected from the submissions to join The Studio creative staff for a week next May workshop and develop their play with local talent and an assigned director. On Friday and Saturday, May 10-11, there will be four staged readings of each script. If you are a selected playwright, you must attend the worshop and readings in the Villages. Only the selected playwrights will receive notification. A $100 award will go to each of the four finalists.
Audience members will be a part of the creative process through a guided talk back. After the staged readings, audiences will be able to give feedback to the playwright on how best to develop and strengthen their new play.