For it, the library is planning on hanging various pieces of art in the 40-foot lobby gallery through the month of December to exude holiday spirit and cheer on behalf of the artists and staff, for all patrons. The deadline to submit work is Friday, November 6, 2020.
Artwork should be framed or gallery wrapped with a wire hanging system and acceptable mediums are limited to acrylic or oil paintings, pastel or charcoal sketches, photography, digital art, watercolor, collage and alcohol ink.
Additionally, sale tags may be affixed to the lower left-hand corner of one’s work or frame and may not be attached to the Lobby Gallery’s walls.
To be considered, all entries must contain the following:
- Color JPG of entry (limit three per artist), no larger than 3 MG. JPG must be named with your last name first, then dash and title of work and then dash and height by width.
- Title of work and how it pertains to the holidays (used in exhibit brochure).
- Description of medium used and size of artwork.
- Price of artwork, if for sale (all sales handled directly by artists and not Library staff). Artists are responsible for their own sale card, not to exceed 2” (height) and 3” (width), affixed to the lower left-hand corner of your work or your frame. Card must be machine-printed and not handwritten.
- Entrants must have a Lake County Library System Card in good standing.
- Signed Artwork Display Agreement (available at the Circulation Desk).
- Your entire entry must be emailed to Library Volunteer Art Coordinator Susan Grogan at email@example.com, by end-of-day Friday, November 6, 2020.
- Acceptance Notifications will be emailed to artists by Friday, November 13, 2020.