Out of an abundance of caution to prevent the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), Lake County has temporarily closed some of its buildings, including the County Administration Building at 315 W. Main St. in Tavares.
Services continue to be provided through email, by phone and online (lakecountyfl.gov/online_services). The Supervisor of Elections also closed its facilities to the public and recommends that residents utilize the services available on its website at lakevotes.com or by phone at 352.343.9734.
The following county services and facilities remain available to the public:
– The Animal Shelter remains open for adoptions, fosters, reclaims and emergency intake at 28123 County Road 561, Tavares.
– Permitting applications can be completed online at lakecountyfl.gov/offices/building_services/. Users needing assistance may call 352.343.9653, ext. 5.
– Lake County’s parks and trails remain open.
– Ride LakeXpress is fully operational. Social trips for the Lake County Connection paratransit service will be discontinued starting at 5pm Friday, March 20. All other trips are continuing.
– Housing and indigent burial services remain available via a self-service station in the lobby of 2008 Classique Lane in Tavares or by calling 352.742.6540.
– The Veterans Services office is closed to public access. Services are available by phone at 352.742.6585 and email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Tuesday, March 24, Board of County Commissioners meeting will be held. Residents are encouraged to view the meeting via live stream at lakecountyfl.gov/board_agendas and submit their comments via email to email@example.com.
Lake County reminds residents to utilize online services whenever possible. Visit lakecountyfl.gov/online_services for a complete list of services available online.
For the latest county information and resources regarding COVID-19, visit lakecountyfl.gov/COVID-19.