The Lake CARES Business Assistance Grant Program – a $16 million grant program assisting Lake County businesses – will continue accepting applications until Oct. 5 at 5 p.m., according to a news release from county officials. On Sept. 22, the program updated qualifying criteria and increased award amounts. Applications received before the Oct. 5 deadline will be considered for the award levels listed below, as well as any additional award amounts that could be retroactively made if the initial funding is not immediately expended. The federal funding is being made available to Lake County through the State of Florida.
Awards to qualified businesses and organizations will range from $4,000 to $30,000 as follows:
• Self-employed/sole proprietor: $4,000
• Businesses with 2-9 employees: $10,000
• Businesses with 10-25 employees: $15,000
• Businesses with 26-50 employees: $20,000
• Businesses with more than 50 employees $30,000
• Non-profits and Chambers of Commerce (no employee requirement): $10,000
For additional information on how to apply for the Lake CARES Business Assistance Grant Program, visit www.reopenlake.com#cares. Additionally, the CARES Act program helpline is available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 352.268.9299.