- In November, Robert O’Neill, the Navy SEAL who killed Osama bin Laden, spoke at a Veterans Day celebration in Astatula. I wonder if they paid a Bon Jovi-style “tribute” to bin Laden?
“Shot through the head
And Navy SEALs are to blame.
Osama, you give Islam
A bad name.”
- For the first time in the organization’s 31-year history, sisters were selected for the Miss Leesburg Scholarship Pageant. Eva Henderson won the title of Miss Leesburg, while her sister, Chloe Henderson, won the title of Teen Miss. That’s quite a crowning achievement.
- A 77-year-old man who resides at Spruce Creek South in Summerfield reported that his golf clubs were stolen. Thank goodness they didn’t try to rip off his balls, too.
- Ann Ivey was recently appointed by the city of Eustis as director of the Eustis Memorial Library. In other words, the library is starting a new chapter in its history. Or would it be better to say turning a new page?
- The 12-year-old granddaughter of a Villages resident hit a 50-yard hole-in-one at Fenney Putt and Play. I’d say it’s par-tee time!
- A chiropractor in The Villages was arrested after allegedly leaving the scene of an accident near his home. I think it’s time he makes some much-needed adjustments in his life.