Leesburg High School graduate
Interviewer: Leigh Neely // Photo: Nicole Hamel
- Born in Altamonte Springs.
- Parents: Jim and Janine Faughnan.
- Siblings: Derek, Douglas, Liam, and Siobhan Faughnan.
Favorite way to relax:
Binge-watch TV shows, read, sleep.
The biggest influence in your life:
What’s important to you:
Being authentic and honest while doing the best I can in everything I do.
Become a pediatric reconstructive plastic surgeon, earn a medical degree at Harvard Medical School, earn a degree in molecular biology from Princeton University.
Favorite TV show:
“Law and Order: SVU” or “Buffy the Vampire Slayer.”
Best musical performer:
Favorite guilty pleasure:
Best advice you’ve received:
Learn how to fail at something early on, but more importantly, learn to overcome that failure.
“‘You want to grow up to be a lady, don’t you?’ I said not particularly.”—Scout responding to Uncle Jack in “To Kill a Mockingbird,” by Harper Lee.
Honors you’ve received:
Full scholarship to Princeton University; A Honor Roll; QuestBridge STEM Scholarship recipient; Florida Girls State delegate; delegate at the National Congress of Future Medical Leaders; Take Stock in Children Scholarship recipient; Take Stock in Children 2+2 Scholarship upgrade; Leaders 4 Life Fellow; QuestBridge College Prep Scholar; QuestBridge National College Match finalist; QuestBridge Scholar; Lake County STEM Regional Scholar; Leesburg High School Band Gold Service Award; Leesburg High School Band Most Outstanding Officer; Florida ACT Student College and Career Readiness champion; Superior at District Solo and Ensemble Music Festival (six individual times); Superior with Distinction at State Solo and Ensemble Music Festival (four individual times); Most Outstanding Underclassmen for National Beta Club; Harvard University Academic Award of Excellence; Leesburg Area Chamber of Commerce Honorable Mention for Outstanding Community Service; Lake County 2019 Top Scholar.
Clubs and organizations:
- National Honor Society, three years (president, one year; secretary, one year).
- National Beta Club, three years (president, one year; secretary, one year).
- Science National Honor Society, two years (treasurer, one year; secretary, one year).
- Mu Alpha Theta, a math honor society, four years (president, one year; secretary, one year).
- Tri-M, a music honor society, four years (historian, one year; vice president, one year).
- Leesburg High School Band, four years (officer, one year; colonel, a top officer, one year).
- QuestBridge, which connects to students to college scholarship opportunities.
- The Villages Regional Hospital volunteer.
- Take Stock in Children, four years.
- Students in Action, one year, with more than 300 service hours earned.
- Hi-Q, an academic team, four years.
Hannah Graduated from Leesburg high with a 4.98 GPA