Early bird ticket prices are available only until Dec. 15 for 14 local speakers in the unique style of TED Talks scheduled Feb. 15, 2019, at Lake-Sumter State College in Leesburg. After that date, there will be a price increase.
The theme of the event is “Transformation.”
“TEDxLSSC will give students, faculty, staff, and the community an opportunity to interact and dialog while being exposed to new and exciting ideas,” Heather Elmatti, one of the organizers of the event, in a recent press release.
The event at LSSC is Friday, Feb.15, from 9am-4:30pm at the Paul P. Williams Auditorium, 9501 US Highway 441, Leesburg.
Prices through Dec. 15 are $10, $15, and $30 for LSSC students, faculty and staff, and community members respectively. After Dec. 15, prices increase to $15, $25, and $40. Online registration is available at www.tedxlssc.com. Seating is limited.
Scheduled speakers include:
- Steve Clark, assistant dean of Math & Sciences, LSSC
- Mark Duslak, director of Student Development, LSSC
- Nicole Duslak, director of Education Opportunity Programs, LSSC
- Danielle Flood, ECHO Media Relations
- Scott Hopkins, dean of Arts & Letters, LSSC
- Paula Jones, Instructor of nursing, LSSC
- Merry Lynn Morris, assistant director of USF Department of Dance
- Both David Laurence, Sr. and Jr., creators and co-owners, Scuba Gym, LSSC alumnaes
- Jacklyn Pierce, assistant professor of English, LSSC
- James Simons, LSSC student, and an Army veteran
- Aaron Thiessen, ITEC Engineer and UAV designer
- Heather Rader, a pelvic physical therapist
- Laura Ross (performer), Lake County’s first Poet Laureate
TEDx operates as an independently organized TED event subject to certain rules and regulations of TED, a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading, usually in the form of short, powerful talks of 18 minutes or less. TEDx was created for programs of local, self-organized events to bring people together and share a TED-like experience. Such talks are not organized by the TED Conference but do operate under a license from TED.