* Holiday Model Train Show—Join The Villages Model Railroad Club for its annual spectacular train show. The trains run from 9am-4pm Thursday-Saturday, Dec. 14-16, and from 10am-3pm Sunday, Dec. 17, at Colony Cottage Recreation Center, 510 Colony Blvd. The event is free to the public and children are welcome; includes multi-gauge layouts, raffles, and, yes, Santa. For more information, visit thevillagesmodeltrainclub.com.
* Holiday Music Box Show— Join The Villages Music Box Society for its holiday special from 9am-4pm Saturday, Dec. 16, and from 10am-3pm Sunday, Dec. 17, at Eisenhower Recreation Center, 3560 Buena Vista Blvd. View many unique musical box collections gathered by Villagers. Admission is free, and children are welcome. For more information, call 352.674.8390.
* Ukuleles on the Square—Learn how to play the ukulele and sing along to oldies and Christmas carols from 9-10am Wednesday, Dec. 20, at Lake Sumter Landing Market Square. A brief lesson will be given to teach three chords. Twenty extra ukuleles will be provided or bring your own and join in the fun. Call 352.674.8440 for more information.
* Outdoor Concert Series—The band Forever Young performs from 2-3:30pm Wednesday, Dec. 20, at Lake Mira Mar in back of La Hacienda Recreation Center, 1200 Avenida Central.
* Santa Boat Tours—Santa swaps his sleigh for a boat during five tours scheduled for 3, 3:30, 4, 4:30, and 5pm Saturday, Dec. 23, on Lake Sumter at Lake Sumter Landing. A special holiday story will be told, with special treats for the kids. Drinks and holiday cookies will follow the cruise. Sixteen passengers per tour, so get your tickets now. Tickets are $5 per passenger and available at any regional recreation center. Tours will run with weather and lake conditions permitting. For more information, call 352.751.7110, or visit districtgov.org.