Newly elected sheriff of Lake County
- As the former chief deputy to retired Sheriff Gary Borders, Grinnell was elected Lake County Sheriff in the recent general election.
- Born in Eustis, grew up in Leesburg, graduated from Leesburg High School
- Resides in Lady Lake
- A Marine Corps combat veteran during Operation Just Cause and in the Middle East during Operation Desert Shield/Storm
- Completed basic law enforcement training at Lake Technical Center
- Joined Lake County Sheriff’s Office in 1994
- Earned associate’s degree in criminal justice; bachelor’s in organizational management; a graduate of the 244th session of the FBI National Academy; and a graduate student at Columbia College.
- Active on boards of Boys and Girls Club of Lake and Sumter, and the Lake-Sumter State College Foundation
- He and his wife Jennifer have two children, Lauren and Blake
Years in law enforcement: 23
What I want people to know about me: I enjoy serving people.
Best advice I’ve been given: Never stop my own professional development.
Greatest achievement: Nov. 8, 2016
My hero: Jennifer, a mother, my wife, social worker for Hospice. She has been my rock.
Pet peeve: Tardiness. Always arrive 15 minutes early!
Guilty food pleasure: Brownies with Breyers’ vanilla ice cream
Favorite way to unwind: Homosassa River
Favorite quote: To whom much is given, much will be required!